If you are aged 75 years or over and you live at home, you are eligible for an annual health assessment. An annual health assessment will identify ways that you can improve your health and well being. It will help you by advising you on how you can maintain your independence at home and in your community.
Our friendly and professional nurse will undertake a comprehensive and confidential health check. This yearly health check will cover:
- A thorough assessment of your health and well being
- A measurement of your blood pressure, pulse rate and heart rhythm
- A review of your medications
- A discussion about your social supports
- Any healthcare concerns or other needs that you may have.
Our nurse will work closely with you and your General Practitioner to co-ordinate any necessary follow up consultations or supports to help you manage your health in the future. As health assessments are government funded, the service will be bulk billed and provided to you at no cost (current valid medicare card required).
Speak to our practice nurse or your doctor today to see if a health assessment is right for you and to make a booking Ph: 3803 6655.